Personal Data Protection Notice
By signing the acknowledgement of this notice, you consent to Skynet Worldwide (M) Sdn Bhd (“hereinafter Skynet”) and or its subsidiaries and or Network Members processing the following personal data as provided by you and/or a service provider engaged by Skynet and/or obtained from public domain which may include, but is not limited to personal data that relates to:
- your identity (including your name);
- your company details (including your company registration number, industry, position / designation, name of business, address of employer / business);
- your contact details (including your residential / mailing address, mobile phone number, house phone number, office phone number, fax number and email address);
- particulars of your family members (including information about your spouse and children); and
- financial details (including your credit card details and signature).
We will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- in order for you to enter into the necessary agreement and/or contract to purchase the products and/or services from us;
- customer relationship management procedures;
- those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by us;
- conducting marketing and customer profiling activities in connection with our services and related products;
- credit assessments and other background checks of customers as we may determine to be necessary or appropriate (only applicable on applicants who apply for credit facilities from us);
- internal record keeping;
- billing and collection of outstanding payments from customers;
- prevention of crime (including cases of fraud, money-laundering, bribery);
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of products and services and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us;
- purposes relating to any of the above (including but not limited to research, benchmarking and statistical analysis);
- where you have given us your consent:
- to deliver notices, services or products and the marketing of such services or products whether present or future, to you;
- to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls or text messages) or social media about products and services offered by selected third parties that we think may interest you; and
- investigating complaint, insurance claim and suspected suspicious transactions.
The information is necessary to us. If you do not provide all the information as requested, we will not be able to keep your complete record of information, thus affecting our ability to accomplish the above stated purposes.
Disclosure of information
Skynet may disclose your personal data to the following parties (including those overseas):
- Vendors, agents and service / products providers who provide products / services relating to the purposes for which the personal data is collected including data processing services;
- Any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such data confidential;
- Skynet’s related, associate companies and affiliates;
- Our auditors, consultants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers; and
- Other parties, in respect of whom you have consented to the disclosure of your personal data.
We do not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, we may disclose your personal data in good faith, if such action is necessary to comply with any government or law enforcement agency requirements, court orders or legal processes, or if required by law.
Access, corrections and complaints
If you would like to make any inquiries or complaints or requests to access, correct or limit our processing of your personal data, you may contact Skynet Customer Service at 1300888877.